Going through some at-least-TEN-year-old notes I came across this list entitled ‘THE TEN COMMANDMENTS FOR REDUCING STRESS’.
I would love to give acknowledgement to the original author of this list but they preferred a lack of atTENtion. I have applied slight modifications, but resisted the challenge of reversing all loathsome commandments that contain a lot of ‘nots’. I hate ‘nots’.
- Thou shall not be perfect – nor even try to be
- Thou shalt not try to be all things to all people
- Thou shalt leave things undone that ought to be done
- Thou shalt not spread thyself too thin
- Thou shalt learn to say no
- Thou shalt schedule time for thyself, and thy supportive network
- Thou shalt switch off, and do nothing, regularly
- Thou shalt be boring, untidy, inelegant and unattractive at randomly selected times
- Thou shalt not even feel the least bit guilty
- Thou shalt most especially, not be thy own worst enemy, but be thine own best friend
Short and sweet to avoid further TENsion.